Homeowners Association Complaints

Office of the Omudsman for Common- Interest Communities

2501 E. Sahara Ave., Suite 202
Las Vegas, NV 89104
(702) 486- 4480

Quick Links

HOA Living

With nearly 3,000 homeowners associations in Nevada, chances are, you live in a community governed by an HOA. As a unit owner within a Common-Interest Community, it is important that you are familiar with your rights and responsibilities under Nevada law and the governing documents of your association. Education is the key to preventing problems before they occur.  If you have already purchased a home in an HOA and haven't read your community's governing documents and CC&R's, do so now!  If you are considering purchasing a home within an HOA, be sure you are familiar with the limitations and restrictions that may be placed on you by the association.

    Office of the Ombudsman for Common-Interest Communities


    The office of the Ombudsman for Owners in Common-Interest Communities and Condominium Hotels was created by the State Legislature in 1997. The office was created to assist homeowners and board members in common interest communities to better understand their rights and obligations under the law and their governing documents. The Ombudsman's office provides education, informal mediation regarding governing documents as well as investigation of disputes. 

      Filing a Complaint

      • Print form #530, Intervention Affidavit with instructions. If you do not have the ability to print, contact the office by phone or in person to receive a copy of form #530.
      • Send a certified return receipt letter to the respondent detailing your complaint and a suggested resolution.
      • Allow for a reasonable time for the delivery, then attach a copy of your certified letter, exhibit #1, and a copy of the certified return receipt card to the completed Intervention Affidavit.
      • Mail, or hand deliver, the notarized Intervention Affidavit to the Ombudsman’s office (see location/address info. above).
      Note: A notary is available at no charge.  Please call first if you will require this service.